Wednesday, September 14, 2011

34 weeks- I will NOT complain

The baby is now a cantaloupe.  A very active, hiccupping cantaloupe that loves to



I will not complain. I have too much to be thankful for and I don't want to be whiny or needy or emotional. I will not complain about certain things that tend to plague pregnant women. That's ridiculous.

I will not complain that:
  • my ankles are swollen
  • my back hurts all the time and makes me walk crooked
  • my wedding rings no longer fit. I had to buy a makeshift band, just so I looked married. It's pretty, but I miss my diamond.
  • I have zero energy. Wow. A nap sounds good right now.
  • I have to pee every hour, and/ or if i stand and then sit in a span of 10 minutes. 
  • My allergies are still pretty bad, but honestly I am scared that if I take a benedryl at night, I will wet the bed.
  • Everyone says the wrong things to me, at the wrong moment.I'm hormonal, people. I can't tell you when I am well prepared for a "big" comment and when I'm not: 
    • "Wow. You have gotten so big." (come on! No woman EVER wants to hear that at any point in her life. What if I said that to you? Oh, but it's ok to say that to a pregnant person.) 
    • "You are huge!" (rude)  
    • "Any day now, right?" (nope, I got 6 weeks) 
    • "You look like you are ready to explode/pop?" (compared to what?) 
    • "I can tell you're getting bigger, fatter, fuller, popping out, etc." 
    • One lady tells me EVERY DAY that she sees me "Now I can really tell you are pregnant." I say as sweetly as I can muster, "Well I am... just like yesterday."
  • Also, the new passing statement to me is: "How do you feel?" I have to say "Good. Thanks." because I know they mean well. The problem is what I WANT to say to this question:  "fat, swollen, tired, hungry, cranky, emotional, and like i have to pee constantly." I grew up in a sarcastic home. I can't help it.
Ok. so I'm a liiiiiiitle sensitive. :)

So...If I'm not going to complain,  I need to focus on the blessings:
  • First of all, and most important, My husband has been the HERO. He does so much around the house, and  then rubs my back. He's taped and painted the nursery, put the crib together, and helped me carry many baby things from my shopping trips and showers. He prays with me and for me, and he encourages me. He tells me I'm beautiful all the time, which  is the LAST characteristic I believe I posses at this moment. He's the bomb.com! Just sayin'!
  • The nursery is painted and the crib is in place, thanks to Richard.
  • I'm still on my feet, active (as much as I can be), able to move, drive and continue to work. 
  • Speaking of work, I am transitioning out of my job currently and will be a stay at home pregnant lady (Lord willing) beginning October 3. Normal circumstances, this calls for me to jump up and down and do a toe touch, but....
  • The baby and I are still healthy and "normal". No issues or concerns have been detected throughout the entire high risk status. Even if I have wanted to be worried, the doctors have been very encouraged at my health and her development. Praise the Lord.
  • We have been given so many things from wonderful friends and beautiful showers, that we are only having to supplement a few things extra to "be ready". I am thankful for all these relationships and loving friends who are excited for us and supporting us through this new journey in our lives.
  • And...I just got a text from my mother-in-law who is on her way here with my favorite cookies from Whole Foods. Now THAT'S a blessing!  (They are espresso chip... don't judge me.)



    No comments:

    Post a Comment