Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Nervously not nauseous

So want to be sure to be faithful to updating this. I will try. Promise. I also want to put pictures up to spice it up and make things interesting. So look for that soon and keep me accountable. :)

As soon as I inform anyone (right now just close friends and family) that I am pregnant, they immediately ask two questions: 1. How far along are you? and 2. Are you nauseous?

So I will answer those now. 1. I am 8 weeks and 6 days today. My little one is the size of a grape. (Grape's favorite!) and 2. Not really...!!

Should I be? I have had boughts of exhaustion which lead to feeling groggy. I've felt dizzy. Nausea comes ever so slightly in the morning before I eat. But I'm fine after breakfast. I do try to eat something right away and not wait til I get to work. I did that one day, forgetting, and had to eat my apple I had packed for an afternoon snack RIGHT AWAY.

I had an appointment with the nurse last week, and she asked me if I was experiencing any nausea. I said, "Not yet." She was shocked by my answer and said "that's ok. Be thankful it hasn't happened. Maybe it won't for you." She also told me that most feel nausea when they start the prenatal vitamins or when they are dehydrated.

I have been trying to get pregnant for a year now, so I was already changing my health habits: drinking tons of water, limiting caffeine, and starting prenatals in  September. I'm thankful that these were not huge transitions, and that I was already there...so to speak.

So no major morning sickness...not yet anyways! I guess I am just always going to be thinking the worst is coming. But don't worry. I am armed if it comes. I have Sour Patch Kids candy and Tums in my desk drawer, and a bottle of Mylanta by my nightstand.

2 comments:

  1. I love the updates!!! and I love you and your grape. I have already named the grape in your belly. let me know if you want to hear my suggestions. none of them end in leigh but La-A (ladasha) is still an option.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! You're writing! What better way to get started than to write about the incredible little life within you. I'm so excited! Look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete